Juba Consultation has rejected the proposal for 24 + 1, strongly upholds and maintains 32 states plus Abyei as well as timely formation of the government on February 22.
Below is the resolutions of the South Sudanese Consultative Meeting held in Juba on the Number of States and Boundaries today.
1. Unanimous endorsement of 32 states plus Abyei plus other states
2. Endorsement of the formation of the R-TGoNU on time without any further extension
3. The issue of the states and their boundaries must be handled by the R-TGoNU
4. The Council of States must be composed of two representatives from each state
5. Mediators must listen the voices of citizens of South Sudan